Friday 1 April 2011

Morning of first race and qual

Wow. This time has finally come. It is the morning of the first race of the 2011 caterham championship at Silverstone. Had an amazing day yesterday during testing. The car was running very well. The weather held out who ch was a big bonus. Didn't want April showers this weekend! I spent the afternoon on probably mid pack pace. But who knows. Just happy to be keeping up with a few that raced last year. So, my targets for this weekend where to have fun. This has already been achieved! To get faster. I made good progress yesterday and hopefully that will continue today. The last target was to bring the car home in one. We will have to wait until tomorrow for that one.

Yesterday was amazing. We had garage 9c which was buemi's during the 2010 grand prix. I bought a new set of tires but they are going to be my wet set. Fingers crossed I don't have to use them! Testing ran as sessions. I was in group 1 with most of the caterhams. To start off with it was scary. The mega's and super's are so much faster they were overtaking in all sorts of places ! Once I had a bit more confidence it was fine. Copse is a great corner. Not quite flat but because of the wide run off you can really attack the corner. Maggots and becketts are interesting too. There is apparently two lines but just need to think about the striangt coming up. The tow you can get in these caterhams down the back straight is utterly amazing. It's almost like some has installed the f1 Kers button! Brooklands and Luffield. Some room for improvement here! Important part to get the exit out for the stop/start straight.

Really can't wait for what today is going to bring. First sign on, drivers briefing, scuritneering etc. All I'll say is...... I think it's going to be fun!

No comments: