Thursday 19 August 2010

My new ARDs pack has arrived

My new ARDs pack has arrived at a cost of £57 from the MSA website. Having fun highlighting the demon tweeks catalogue for all the things I would like/need to get. Going to design a priority scheme! 1 = urgent, 5 = wish list/fairy tale! Scanned blue book and need to revisit the flags and information for ARDs however hoping it will all coming flooding back.

Have booked my new ARDs test for Oulton Park next week. Went for Oulton park in the end because I have a racing friend that I rarely see that I can go and visit, and also thought it would be good to go to a circuit I have never been to before or driven. (And probably will not go to again before the Championship starts).

WANTED; Classic Grad for sale – PLEASE! (Cars are coming out of the wood work, have spoken to 4 people so far about possible cars for sale. So having some options available to me. One car that was really nice but the owner has now decided probably not to sell. Two on the probably for sale list. One that I’m not really interested in – so things are looking brighter).

Have really enjoyed researching and investing information regarding the Graduate club and Caterhams. Everyone is really friendly and have answered all the questions I have thrown at them! (Which has been many) Key people to thank to date; Graeme Smith (Classic Champ 2010/ Club Secretary); Daniel Lewis (New racer 2010,  in Classic’s this year – great blog with really useful information for someone looking into getting into racing Caterhams – like me!); Paul Hawker (New racer 2010 during the last 8 weeks ish); Yolande Humphrey’s (fellow female racer – Super Grad’s); Andy A (McMillian Motorsport).

Also did some research today on my driving licence and towing a trailer. Basically if you passed your test after 1997, you have to take your test again with a trailer on. Not all DSA centres do this (maybe just the larger ones) and some driving instructors may provide a service for instruction / hire of car + trailer for test. Need to research this a bit more. Don’t think its fair!! To be honest I think I am a better driver than my mother and she can drive pretty much anything! If only I was a bit older! Still to research cost and logistics. (looks like my MX5 will stay with me a bit longer – really don’t want to get rid of it. Will hate to do this. However it is the least practical car for wanting to go motor racing and pulling trailers!) McMillian Motorsport’s storage and delivery to race circuits is looking more and more of a likely/easier option!

V festival 2010 this weekend. Weather forecast keeps changing and it goes from wash out to Cloudy with sunny intervals. We will have to wait and see. My fingers are crossed that the weathermen are always wrong, but knowing my luck they will be right for the first time!

No comments: