Wednesday 18 May 2011

Brands Hatch – May 2011

Sorry its taken so long to update my blog. What a weekend! Not too sure where to start. I had a really good practice session on Friday. Even better in the afternoon when I got rid of my 5 year old race tires and but on brand new boots. What a difference. The car handled differently but was amazing.

Qualifying – I had a great battle with 4 times champ Graham Smith. It was pretty cool and I knew I was quicker than him. We spent the whole 15 mins battling it out – not the best tactics. I posted my fastest lap on the penultimate lap. I travelled back to the paddock to see my mother jumping up and down saying I’m on pole. I did not believe it. WOW. How amazing. Wasn’t expecting that in my 5th race with the club!

Race 1 – Pole position
Finished 4th

A great race. Unfortunately my camera did not work. Lead the race for a few laps. Loads of over taking. Was running in 3rd for the latter half until the last lap when 4 time champ did a late lunge into paddock to take 3rd.

Race 2 – 5th
Finished – DNF

Can watch it for yourself! 18:25 is the crash that finished my race – Unlucky. A lot of damage. Pretty costly – gutted. Was in 3rd and so close to my first podium.

Amanda Black #88–Started from 5th–DNF

There are a lot of positives however to take away from the weekend.

1. I had my first pole position
2. New tires are now on tigger and have made a big difference.
3. Was close to the lap record around Brands Hatch.
4. Ran with the top back and was competitive
5 Pretty much 3rd for both races.
6. I think people now know – this girl means business.

Fingers crossed that the car is ready for Donnie and I have enough money to race. Target = podium.

Thank you to everyone that has been and are involved in helping my poorly car ‘Tigger’ get back on the circuit.

Amanda x

No comments: